This November, MGI Systems will release the first-ever Emergency Power Supply System (EPSS) video game. Facility Mentor® is for health care personnel to practice “hands-on” maintenance and testing activities from their desktop before operating “live” equipment. Any individual responsible for the maintenance, testing, or compliance of an emergency power supply system (EPSS) will benefit from practicing “hands-on” procedures before a real-world emergency.
How does it work?
Facility Mentor® is like any other video game obtained through Microsoft, Apple, Steam, XBOX, and PlayStation. Download the game and sign in to your account. Perform maintenance, testing, and compliance tasks as you would in real life with the touch of a button.
What is in the video game?
- Tutorial: Complete simple tasks to orient yourself with the game environment and controls.
- Training: Learn all maintenance, testing, and compliance requirements for each component of the EPSS with “hands-on” instruction to help you complete each step.
- Game: Receive an assortment of real-world EPSS failures and diagnose the issue. Know what to do in an actual emergency.
What does it cover?
- Requirements: Several standards have something to say about maintenance and testing of EPSSs; however, all standards refer to NFPA 110, Standard for Emergency and Standby Power Systems, for the “final word.”
- Safety: Make sure you follow NFPA and OSHA requirements for the training and safety of personnel, including specific PPE recommendations.
- Maintenance: Each component of the EPSS (batteries, cooling, fuel) requires specific tasks at certain intervals.
- Inspections: Performing a visual inspection of your EPSS every week is a MUST.
- Testing: Monthly and triennial testing are essential to extending the life of your EPSS and uncover under-performing items before the next emergency.
- Health Care Facilities: NFPA 99 requirements and breakdown of the Essential Electrical Distribution System (life safety, critical, and equipment branch) and what circuits belong to each.
How much is it?
The price per user (student) is $399 per person. Each user receives access to download the game and begin their training adventure. Use the game as much as you want to master each skill.
When and How?
Version 1.0 is available on November 1, 2020. Pre-order to receive a 20% discount. Once the game is ready for download, customers will receive a link and credentials to access their copy.
Is this a certification?
No. The CHEPP® is an exam-based credential. Facility Mentor® is a virtual reality training tool. Content covered in Facility Mentor® will be on the CHEPP® exams.
It is recommended students obtain a copy of NFPA 110, Standard for Emergency and Standby Power Systems, 2019* Edition. Plus, a copy of NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code, 2012 edition. It is not required but extremely helpful.
How to Order
To receive your 20% pre-order discount, select the number of users and add-to-cart button above. Customers will receive information on the upcoming release and how to access it when available.