Be a Leader in the Emergency Power Industry
Highlight your Experience with a Professional Certification from MGI
The Certified Healthcare Emergency Power Professional (CHEPP®) program is for any individual responsible for the maintenance, testing, and compliance of an emergency power supply system (EPSS). The Motor and Generator Institute CHEPP® certification provides many benefits:
- Competitive Advantage: Having the CHEPP® can set you apart from other professionals in your field, showing that you have a demonstrated commitment to understanding and excelling in emergency power supply systems. This can give you an advantage, which is particularly important with ever-increasing requirements and changing technology.
- Increase Earning Potential: Time and effort devoted to the CHEPP® show a commitment to professional development in the emergency power field. An MGI certification shows you are well versed in operation, maintenance, testing, and compliance requirements of an emergency power supply system (EPSS).
- Professional Credibility: Once an individual has earned the CHEPP® designation, that individual may use it for professional communications, such as letterheads, office stationery, business cards, directory listings, and in signatures. The CHEPP® demonstrates your commitment to superior professionalism, upholding industry standards, and continued learning.
During the registration process, users will have the option to pay online using a credit card or request an invoice by email. Invoices can be mailed in with a check, or paid online using a secure page. Paid registrations will receive a “Welcome Email” with instructions to access the certification program.
Each student receives access to the Emergency Power Supply Systems (EPSS): Maintenance, Testing, and Compliance Manual, Compliance Update training videos, practice quizzes, one-hundred (100) question timed exam and certificate. Completing the full online course and compliance update is not mandatory, but HIGHLY recommended. All test questions are from the EPSS Manual and videos.
Print Your Certificate
Upon completing the open book timed exam (100 questions – 120 minutes), students receive their CHEPP® certificate. The certificate can be printed directly from the Motor and Generator Institute website.
With the MGI certification program users receive the following. Please click here to download the CHEPP Handbook.
- EPSS: Maintenance, Testing, and Compliance Manual
- Compliance Update video
(Certificate of Completion – 1 hour)
- Maintenance and Testing Online Course
(Certificate of Completion – 4 hours)
- One-year Compliance Membership
- One-hundred (100) question open-book timed exam
- Special certificate with CHEPP® designation
To register, please use the button below. For a comparison of each MGI program, please click here.
Need to Train a Group?
Motor and Generator Institute can provide a “Training Portal” for customers who need multiple students to complete any certificate program. To learn more please visit our Team Page.
About the Instructor
Dan Chisholm is currently President of MGI Consulting Services and serves as the Chairman of the National Fire Protection Association’s Technical Committees responsible for NFPA 110, Emergency and Standby Power Systems, NFPA 111, Stored Electrical Energy Emergency and Standby Power Systems, and a technical committee member of the Electrical Section of NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code, while also serving as a primary emergency power consultant to the U.S. Army Medical Department (AMEDD).