“I truly enjoyed the training and got a lot out of it using our emergency power supply system here as a template. Also, it has allowed me to push forward changes at our facility. Thank you”
Brian Rezek, CHEPP, ASSE 6040, Alaska
“Thank you for your program, it was well worth the money.”
LK, CHEPP, Georgia
“Thank you for the training program. I am proud to earn this designation and look forward to continuing my knowledge, but also to help our industry progress and make our facilities safer!”
Odell Hall, CHEPP, Maryland
Free Checklist and Training Videos
How to implement a maintenance, operation, and testing program!
Proper procedures are critical to reliability, safety, and complying with all Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Am I performing all maintenance activities adequately to ensure the EPSS will start & run when needed, and meet all AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) requirements?
- Do I have the proper EPSS documentation and records for inspections, maintenance, and testing?
- Am I performing weekly inspections properly to ensure the EPSS will start and run when needed and meet AHJ requirements?
- Did I perform all monthly and triennial tests properly? Will AHJ surveyors accept the testing reports?
- Does my EPSS installation meet NFPA requirements for lighting, cooling, ventilation, fuel supply and storage?
Weekly inspection and maintenance activities, according to NFPA, manufacturer recommendations, and subject matter experts.
Weekly inspection and maintenance activities for the cooling, electrical, fuel, lubrication, starting batteries and battery charging subsystems.
NFPA 110, Chapter 8, Routine Maintenance and Operational Testing, marks the beginning of any testing and compliance program.