EPSS Manual and NFPA 110 Update Video
There are 170+ emergency power supply system (EPSS) requirements found in the National Fire Protection Association, OSHA, CMS, DNV, and The Joint Commission codes and standards. Motor and Generator Institute (MGI) makes meeting those requirements simple by providing the necessary tools and resources. Stay up-to-date on the latest emergency power requirements.
Who is it for?
This video and manual were developed specifically for facility management and operations personnel, covering all weekly maintenance and monthly testing procedures for the EPSS such as cooling, lubrication, fuel, exhaust, starting battery, and battery charging subsystems. Bonus material is included for health care facilities to comply with CMS, DNV, and The Joint Commission.
What does it cover?
- Requirements: Several standards have something to say about maintenance and testing of EPSSs; however, all the standards refer to NFPA 110, Standard for Emergency and Standby Power Systems, for the “final word.”
- Safety: Make sure you follow NFPA and OSHA requirements for training and safety of personnel, including specific PPE recommendations.
- Maintenance: Each component of the EPSS (batteries, cooling, fuel, etc) require specific tasks to be performed at certain intervals.
- Inspections: Performing a visual inspection of your EPSS on a weekly basis is a MUST. Use MGI’s weekly inspection checklist to discover issues before the next generator run.
- Testing: Monthly and triennial testing are essential to extending the life of your EPSS and uncover under-performing items before the next emergency. Also, documentation is REQUIRED for AHJ compliance.
- Health Care Facilities: NFPA 99 requirements and breakdown of the Essential Electrical Distribution System (life safety, critical, and equipment branch) and what circuits belong to each.
What is included?
- Downloadable Manual: Receive access to print your Emergency Power Supply Systems (EPSS): Maintenance, Testing, and Compliance Manual (93-pages: single page) directly from the Motor and Generator Institute website.
- Manual Updates: MGI will release new content for the EPSS Manual. This content is only available to current subscribers. Our subject matter experts ensure you always have the most up-to-date information available.
- Forms and Checklists: Receive access to forms, checklists, and sample reports. These forms are recommended for use at your facility to ensure compliance with all EPSS requirements.
NFPA 99, 2019 Edition, Update Video
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), OSHA, CMS, DNV, and The Joint Commission codes and standards, are revised regularly. Motor and Generator Institute (MGI) makes staying abreast of those changes simple with a one (1) hour online training course and a downloadable copy of the Emergency Power Supply Systems (EPSS): Maintenance, Testing, and Compliance Manual – 2019 Edition.
This one-hour training course will cover important changes to the codes and standards. Each year MGI will update the short course with any changes. Members can come back each year to view the 1-hour video and receive a certificate of completion for proof of training.
146,000+ students since 1995
Need access for more than one person? MGI provides discounts for multiple users. Assign a single administrator and add as many people you need. Discounts start with two or more people. Click here to learn more.