Online Video Course with Certificate of Completion
Proper maintenance and testing for reliability, safety, and complying with all AHJs
There are 170+ emergency power supply system (EPSS) requirements found in the National Fire Protection Association, OSHA, CMS, DNV, and The Joint Commission codes and standards. Motor and Generator Institute makes compliance with those requirements simple by ensuring you are well versed in weekly inspections and monthly testing procedures, which includes the cooling, lubrication, fuel, and battery charging subsystems.
- Am I performing all maintenance activities adequately to ensure the EPSS will start & run when needed, and meet all AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) requirements?
- Do I have the proper EPSS documentation and records for inspections, maintenance, and testing?
- Did I perform all monthly and triennial tests properly? Will AHJ surveyors accept the testing reports?
- Does my EPSS installation meet NFPA requirements for lighting, cooling, ventilation, fuel supply and storage?
Users have the option to pay online using a credit card or request an invoice by email. Invoices can be mailed in with a check, or paid online using a secure page.
Each student receives access to the Emergency Power Supply Systems (EPSS): Maintenance, Testing, and Compliance Manual, Compliance Update training videos, quizzes, and certificate.
Print Your Certificate
Upon completing the videos lessons and quizzes, students receive a Certificate of Completion (4-hours). The certificate can be printed directly from the website.
With the MGI online course users receive the following:
- EPSS: Maintenance, Testing, and Compliance Manual
- Compliance Update video
- Maintenance and Testing Online Course
- One-year Compliance Membership
- Certificate of Completion (4-hours)
To register, please use the button below. For a comparison of each MGI program, please click here.
Need to Train a Group?
Motor and Generator Institute can provide a “Training Portal” for customers who need multiple students to complete any certificate program. To learn more please visit our Team Page.
About the Instructor
Dan Chisholm is currently President of MGI Consulting Services and serves as the Chairman of the National Fire Protection Association’s Technical Committees responsible for NFPA 110, Emergency and Standby Power Systems, NFPA 111, Stored Electrical Energy Emergency and Standby Power Systems, and a technical committee member of the Electrical Section of NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code, while also serving as a primary emergency power consultant to the U.S. Army Medical Department (AMEDD).