Education on the requirements for your emergency power supply system is of the utmost importance to ensure you remain in compliance. The Motor and Generator Institute: EPSS Maintenance, Testing, and Compliance Online Course is for ANYONE involved with the maintenance, operation, testing, and compliance of an emergency power supply system (EPSS). This online course covers all applicable paragraphs and current requirements of NFPA 110 and 99 (Health Care Only); and OSHA. Students will be given an understanding of emergency power supply system applications, component overview, basic operating principles, performance characteristics, critical safety precautions, troubleshooting, routine maintenance, testing, and common repairs.
There are 170+ emergency power supply system (EPSS) requirements found in the National Fire Protection Association. The Motor and Generator Institute online course covers:
- The role of the EPSS, essential loads powered by the EPSS, and components of the EPSS.
- Codes and standards governing maintenance, testing, and documentation.
- Performing inspections on fuel, lubrication, cooling, exhaust, electrical systems, and the prime mover.
- Monthly testing: peak load shaving, frequency & test length, date & time of the test, equivalent loads, load run/banks for diesel-powered EPS’s, gas-powered generator testing, cold starts, and time delays.
- $199 per student and includes a one-year subscription to the Motor and Generator Institute EPSS Manual. Students have one (1) year from the issue of their login to complete the course.
- Each lesson is provided in video format. There are a total of 37 videos. Easily view lessons from a mobile device.
Certificate of Completion*
- Students who complete all lessons will receive a Certificate of Completion good for 4 Contact Hours. Print your certificate immediately upon completion for proof of training.
* IMPORTANT: The certificate of completion provided with this online course is not the CHEPP® certificate. This course is included in the CHEPP® certification program for studying purposes. However, in order to achieve the CHEPP® certification, you must complete a one-hundred (100) question exam. To learn more about the Certified Healthcare Emergency Power Professional Certification program, please click here.
During checkout, you are required to create a “Master” account. Once payment is received the master account holder will receive an email. The email will contain instructions on adding students to your main account.
*This is NOT the CHEPP® certificate. The online course provides a “Certificate of Completion” for watching the video lessons and completing the quizzes. In order to achieve the CHEPP®, you must complete the 100-question exam and additional training. Students passing the exam will receive their CHEPP® certificate by mail 10-14 business days AFTER the exam window closes.