From MGI Systems and Motor and Generator Institute
“Tell me and I will forget, show me and I may remember, but let me do and I will understand.”
Facility Mentor® keeps training costs while providing necessary hands-on instruction to operate facility assets and stay compliant with the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), safely and adequately.
Why Facility Mentor?
Healthcare facilities are facing uncertain times. Keep education costs to a minimum. Hands-on training is by far the most effective form of training but also the most expensive. With advancements in technology, hands-on training can be more cost-effective. Do not waste time and money holding in-person training.
- Train on exact replicas of equipment in a health care facility
- Perfect maintenance, operation, and testing tasks in a virtual environment
- Perform each task according to the manufacturer, NFPA, and CMS requirements
- Experience real-life scenarios too dangerous or hard to replicate in the real world
Who is it for?
Facility Mentor® is for any individual involved with asset maintenance, operation, testing, and compliance in a health care facility. Facility Mentor® provides health care personnel the opportunity to complete maintenance, operation, and testing tasks in a virtual environment using a desktop PC. Students experience first-hand what they are learning and see the results instead of hearing or reading about it. All training scenarios cover NFPA 99, 110, CMS, and manufacturer recommendations.
What does it cover?
- Requirements: Several standards have something to say about maintenance and testing of EPSSs; however, all the standards refer to NFPA 110, Standard for Emergency and Standby Power Systems, for the “final word.”
- Safety: Make sure you follow NFPA and OSHA requirements for the training and safety of personnel, including specific PPE recommendations.
- Maintenance: Each component of the EPSS (batteries, cooling, fuel, etc) require specific tasks to be performed at certain intervals.
- Testing: Monthly and triennial testing are essential to extending the life of your EPSS and uncover underperforming items before the next emergency. Also, documentation is REQUIRED for AHJ compliance.
How Does it Work?
Facility Mentor® is a downloadable program for PC desktops with no limits on the number of users. Customers receive access to their licensed copy for one year (one copy = one computer). After one-year, customers can renew their licenses to ensure they have the most accurate and up-to-date training for their facility.
When is it available?
Facility Mentor® will release on January 1, 2021. Early registrations will receive access to the BETA. If you are interested in becoming one of the first to use this new training system, order now.
How much is it?
$899 until December 31, 2020
Early bird registrations receive a 40% discount. Register now to reserve your copy for $899. After December 31st, Facility Mentor® will retail for $1,499.
Want Facility Mentor to look like your facility and equipment? Customization is available. Please contact us for additional information.
MGI Systems, Inc.
PO Box 560042
Orlando, FL 32856